• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPT cpc exam

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It usually takes a week - best wishes! Don't bite all your nails off :)

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
We understand nervous nellies :)

See this page for the order I recommend you take the practice exams. http://ccorg.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/5000549343-cco-s-formula-for-success-in-passing-cpc-exam

Where to get CPC Practice Exams:
  1. Free 50 questions CCO's FREE CPC Practice Exam
  2. Practice exam bundled into CPC Review Blitz Package
  3. Mini-Mocks by CCO (60 questions each) $29.95 each or three for $69.95
  4. Practice Exams by AAPC (50 questions each) $29.95 each or three for $69.95
  5. 150 Question Practice Exams
    1. From Vendor A – one 150 Question Exam for $37
    2. From Vendor B – two 150 Questions Exams plus mini study guide for $97

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Thanks Laureen..........I am kind of a "nervous Nellie", taking the exam 9/12. I am going to get the 300 question test package that you offer. Sounds like a great package!
Good luck to you Lisa. You are in at great place with CCO. They are supportive and want you to succeed. You will do just fine with your exam.

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
This is where it will be tough for me. I test 11/14. I have to wait a week for results then another 3 weeks until my next retake should I fail. 11/14 was pushing it as it was but i don't have a choice as i need to fit in a retake before its too late.

Now to figure out if wait for the results or to keep studying as I wait for the results. I assume just continue to watch the blitz videos? That and work on I10

I had a live boot camp in the exact room my November test will be in so I have a good feeling of where to sit so the clock is visible and lighting is good. I was almost thinking, since you don't have to be certified to act as second proctor if I should volunteer? That way I can help them assure they can have extra spots for more testers (good karma) and get a good feel what its like to be in the room while a real test is going on.

The 12th is a few days away. I have taken all the 50 question practice exams, the AAPC practice exams and two 150 question exams..........I usually get around 75 to 78%, haven't made it over 80%. I am going to get another 150 question exam to take Wednesday or Thursday. I wonder about if I have to retake the exam because the next exam available in my area is in December but I am afraid that there will not be any space available.

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
Someoene else will chime in as I'm not to the test yet but It was mentioed to get 85% or better on practice exams but i would think if you are consistently getting scores like that on multiple practice exams you will do just fine. Its only 70% to pass the real exam and you have more than enough to re-study if you dont and test again.

I'm not sure where you are but December testing places seem to still have decent availability. Also if you need to retake, contact the president of your closest chapter as they have the ability to add test slots as long as they have enough proctors. I was at a boot camp end of august and most had not scheduled but wanted to do so in september and they opened slots. Chapters can be a godsend.

At the same boot camp and it was suggested to study no more than 3 times in the week of the test and absolutely no studying the day before. Do whatever you would normally do on the 11th but limit to one adult beverage and maybe one sleep aid (one you have taken before and not been drowsy the next day). Dont get to the testing center too early. Dont stress your self out.